
Stephan suggested that Jimmy and I get a nap. He and Grandma would watch Nathanael. Of course, Stephan ended up taking a nap as well since he had been up since 5 am. So Grandma watched the baby.
Wednesday evening, after Grandma and Stephan left, Wendy, Stuart, Keith and Sara showed up with a homemade dinner. Wendy had made a awesome lasagna and apple cobbler. They all got some more snuggle time with Nathanael.
Thursday, (note: I didn't realize it was Thursday already) we had our first pediatrics appointment. We got there just in the nick of time, but it doesn't really matter since we had to wait anyway. The children in the waiting room were very interested in the baby and asked how old he was. When we told them he was only 3 days old, the moms also became very interested. They gave us advise and one mentioned that she thought he was a newborn because of the slow way he moves his hands. I really hated waiting in the waiting room, going to the pediatrics as a newborn seems like the best way to catch a cold. Newborns don't have an immune system and to take them to a place with the most germs seems stupid. Anyway, we finally were brought back. Jimmy filled out the paper work while I undressed him for his weight and height check.
As I put him on the scale, I thought he might have a dirty diaper. Of course, we forgot a diaper bag! When I undressed him completely, I was right! He had a major dirty diaper. Thankfully the doctor's office had a spare diaper and wipes. We had a successful appointment. Weight was still down but he is feeding fine.
When we got home from the doctor's appt., Grandma and Barbara and Jim (family friends from MD) were fixing lunch at our house waiting for little Nathanael.

Then some of my co-workers from SX came over, Katie and Angie. Then Chrissy showed up as well. It was quite the party. Everyone got to snuggle with Nathanael.
Thursday night thanks to Ben we had a wonderful baked ziti to enjoy while chilling out at home with our little guy.


The milk came in and we had a great night on Thursday! Nathanael was finally really getting full and we only had four feedings. This was a nice break from the night before. Friday, I got to sleep in till 11 am and felt great. Chrissy came over and we had our first lunch out with the little guy. We went to Two Guys which is the closest restaurant to our house, Nathanael slept through lunch which was nice. Then Chrissy and I went out to do some quick shopping while Jimmy stayed home with the little one. Jimmy had two momentous occasions while we were out. First, Jimmy fed Nathanael his first bottle. (This is only after we discovered at Two Guys that there was a lid that you have to remove to actually start the flow of milk. You can tell we are new at this.) Second occasion was that Jimmy got his first shower by Nathanael. Luckily the pee only hit the side of the changing table and didn't get either of them wet.

Nathanael also likes to work from home with Jimmy!

Friday evening, we had Sami and Tristan over. Sami was so sweet and gave me a chair massage! Sweet! It was so wonderful! She had also brought over the fixing for salad and pizza. Both Sami and Tristan got to spend some quality time with Nathanael.

Saturday, we had about 4-5 feedings over the course of the night. We seem to have a shift change around 3-4 am. Jimmy never heard Nathanael at 4 am, but I've been awake with him for months at this hour. So I am very awake. Nathanael has decided that we can sleep the most between 8 am - 11 am. So Saturday we took advantage of this time and slept with him.
1 comment:
What adorable pics! Can't wait to finally meet him! Lots of love!
Auntie Katie
Post a Comment