Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Doctor Appt

Today we saw Dr. N (our favorite dr.). I'm measuring 41 weeks which is good since we are at 41 weeks as of tomorrow. I also lost 2 lbs in the last week which I'm kind of surprised.

My absolute favorite moment of the day was Jimmy on one side of the poochie belly and Dr. N on the other side. They were searching for the heart beat. The Dr. suggested to Jimmy it would be on my right side. He found it but then the baby made a major move. Both Jimmy and the Dr. were shocked at how much of a move it was but they lost the heart beat. The baby moved so much that we found his heart beat on my left side.

Other news from the visit is that I'm now 1-2 cm dialated and 60% effaced. These appt's seem to really get our little guy going. He has been moving so much the rest of the day! The Dr. is really happy to see him moving as much as he does.

Tomorrow is our ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid. This is typical when the baby is overdue. If something looks wrong, they will induce me tomorrow. However, the dr. didn't think I needed to worry about this so I'm not.

1 comment:

1artsychick said...

He's such a little slugger! I think he's going to be an avid athlete!
I wonder how much you are going to miss that little guy being inside once he's outside. That's going to be something major to get used to.

I'll give you a call tomorrow and try to catch you. All thoughts are with you and your little guy.