Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Flying home...

Monday we packed up the final items and left the purple house in Tahoe. It was 4:40 am (7:40 EST) but still dark and snowing. We had to drive through a mountain pass very carefully but we made it! We arrived at the airport in Reno at 6:30 am. I was very anxious since our flight left at 7:20. I baby bjorned Nate and we got our tickets, quickly checked our baggage. We ran through security, thank goodness for the baby bjorn! It made our lives so much faster and easier.

Nate and I got on the plane with no problems and Jimmy and Ben were right behind us. The first flight was to Dallas/Fort Worth. The flight was smooth and no problems. Nate took a nap with Daddy and I got to read my magazine. When Nate woke, he played with the magazine, looked out the window and played with some toys.

We arrived in Dallas and had about an hour and a half layover. We ate lunch and Nate had his squash. I gave him some Motrin just before we got on the plane since he acted like he was in pain. This of course knocked him out for the accent. Nate and I had an aisle seat, Jimmy was behind us in an aisle seat. I was really surprised that nobody offered their seats to us. Oh well. This flight I was asked to take Nate out of the baby bjorn. This was the first time on four flights! Of course, Nate was asleep. Luckly I was able to unbuckle the sides and this was sufficient for FAA regulations. When Nate woke up, he played with Daddy, Ben, and the couple next to us. The lady next to the window even held Nate and played with him for a while. He charmed the stewardess and was so good for the whole flight back to RDU.

It is so good to be home. Nate ate wonderfully all day. Getting him to sleep was a bit of a challenge since he is still congested but he slept all night long in his own room! We are all happy that Keith and Sara are married. We had a lovely time.

No comments: