Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Choir

Tonight I picked up Nate a bit early from daycare, so we could go to his first choir! Our church starts choirs at 18 months - 2 years old (Nate is only 16 months but I couldn't wait.) Wiggle and Worship is the name of the choir. There were probably 20 kids and parents.

First we met the teacher Miss Sheri. Then she laid out instruments for the kids to explore. I picked up a maraca and Nate picked up a bell. We played with those, then Nate got more bells. Before class started we had a whole pile of bells in front of us. Glad to see Nate enjoys bells as much as Mommy does!

We sang a welcome song, and "ABC" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Did you know "ABC" and "Twinkle Twinkle" have the same tune? Then Nate helped put away the instruments. Then came the scarves. We did a song called "Peek-a-Boo, I See You", "Jesus You Sure Know How To Color", and "Deep and Wide". Nate loved these. After the scarves got put away we did some finger plays, "The Bees" and "Here is the Church". Nate loved getting tickled on these finger plays. Then we sang "Allelu, Praise Ye The Lord" while lifting our child on Allelu or Praise Ye The Lord. Nate thought this was great fun! We had a soothing song and prayer and got a sticker.

Jimmy met us at the church for the church dinner. Thankfully tonight was pizza night! Then Jimmy brought Nate home and I stayed for hand bells, and choir. Jimmy ended up walking Nate around the block. Nate was so exausted and quickly fell asleep tonight.

1 comment:

Sue Lowery said...

That sounds like soooo much fun!! I hope he has your voice & not your DAD'S!!!!